Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I am awesome, hear me roar.

Joey stayed home with the kitties while Leena and I decided to go visit Auntie Kimmy. 880 miles, 2 days of driving, one throw up episode, a dog along for the ride and me, with my trusty cruise control and driving through the ever lovely East Texas and the uhh, sorta lovely West Texas, including El Paso. DO NOT GO TO JUAREZ KATIE, I REPEAT, THIS IS YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS TELLING YOU TO STAY OUT OF THE LANE THAT GOES TO JUAREZ, MEXICO. Along the way I did get to see some the amazing Laura and James and now I am at my lovely sister's being girls and chatting way too much.

Best road sign ever, "Observe all warning signs, State Law." Kind of like the "Caution, this sign has sharp edges" sign don't you think?

I am absolutely one hundred percent sure that I saw a Chupacabra roadkill. It also could have been a deer...but that would just be insane.

Leena by the way took the trip like a pro. Not one single major melt down. Just throw up. AND she went the whole way in big girl panties and not one accident. SUCCESS!

Anywho, I thought I'd share with you a few random driving facts about me.
1. Whenever I have to stop under a free way over pass or bridge of any sort I start mentally freaking out thinking it's going to instantly collapse on me. Thank you Northridge, CA earthquake of '94.
2. Any time I am next to a semi I am thinking how one of the tires are going to explode.
3. I will go out of my way to NOT hit roadkill.
4. I will sing at the top of my lungs...even by myself....especially with an audience. Did I mention I'm tone deaf?

Also, I secretly wish I was pigeon toed...nothing to do with driving. Just felt the need to share. ;)

Leena also tried to catch me coming down the slide today...and Auntie Kimmy laughed hysterically.

So tired and ready to pass out.
Peace and Love.

P.S. Joey staying home is also an attempt for him to make some major progress on our bathroom...that has been under construction for over a year now. Leave him a comment to cheer him on, you know, "You can do eeeeeet." ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!

Jealous of your road trip...That's awesome you got to see Laura, I saw her post about it!! I wish I could meet you two in person ♥ Oh and I'm slightly pigeon-toed. It's something I wouldn't wish on anyone haha. It can be cute, except when I'm just standing there and Ben gets my attention and points down at my feet. AGHHHH Enjoy your trip!!

Katelyn said...

The weird part is...both my sisters were pigeon toed as babies...and I was the odd ball that got "normal" feet. haha :) It was great seeing Laura and James. They are amazing. Someday we may meet as well! I never ever thought I'd meet Laura.

Roots and Feathers said...

angela, i would love to meet you one day! katie, you didnt kick leena in the face on the way down the slide did you, ha ha? im sooo glad we got to see you! have fun!

Charlotte said...

I love getting together with my seestors and just being girls. I hope you're having a lovely time!

And why do you wish you were pigeon toed? Because I am, and it seems like an odd request!

Katelyn said...

haha, I just think pigeon toes are so cute. That's all. :)

Amber said...

That is the cutest picture!! With her little outstretched arms! oh my.