Monday, February 22, 2010

Good Bye Sadness


Sing to me
A sweet song birdie
Whisper in my ear
Soak in the sun
With me
My dear friend
Let us rejoice
In the budding trees
In the warmth
And in the light breeze
Let us listen softly
To the gentle kids playing
To the creatures stirring
And to the quiet humming of bees
Dear birdie
Let us wave good bye to winter
To the coldness
To the sadness
Let us welcome in spring
With open arms
Let us choose now
My darling birdie
To be forever happy
To be excited
And to always sing together

© Katelyn Demidow- Feb 2010

2 comments:

Kina Williams said...

This is beautiful Katelyn. I'm so thrilled to see you writing and thriving on your creativity. "Let us welcome in spring with open arms" LOVE THAT!

Katelyn said...

Thank you Kina! I really enjoyed writing that. :)