Sunday, March 7, 2010

Phew, what a last couple of days!


Sorry I have not posted recently. It has been a whirlwind couple of days and when I had time to do a blog post I had no motivation to do it.

We are now the proud owners of a beautiful piano that is over 100 years old. I grew up having access to a piano at my mom's house and my grandparents house. Although, I have yet to learn anything other than a little "song" and some Chopsticks on it I still had a wonderful time getting to play around with them. I can't stop smiling when I look over at Leena to see her playing it. It brings back memories of when I was little and am so glad Joey and I are able to bring music into her life. Whether it be playing the drums from Auntie Kristen or the piano I am glad my baby loves music.
On that note.....

Joey got the Uhaul stuck in the front yard trying to get the piano into our house. :P
Thank you to our neighbor who helped "unstick" the Uhaul and to the Entergy guys who helped move it into our house!

Isn't she beautiful?! With a bit of research online it seems she was built between 1900 and 1905.

Leena LOVES playing her.

Friday we had some pictures taken by the wonderful Kristin Manuel. She always captures Leena so beautifully.
This is by far one of my all time favorites of her.

"Where's mommy?"


"What?! Mommy is changing in the car?!"

Joey and I had a date on Friday and we chose to go see Alice in Wonderland. OH MY what a spectacular movie! Tim burton is a genius and the actors/actresses did an amazing job!
Cell phone picture before the movie started.

This picture below I took on Wednesday when we went out for dinner but forgot to share it.

Too funny not to share.

My Saturday was filled with photographing an adorable 3 week old and the GORGEOUS family of his. They are such a fun family to work with. That was the youngest baby I've ever worked with. It's a LOT of work. My respect goes out to those photographers whose specialty is newborns.
Meet Jack. He's too cute for words.





While Mommy was photographing this wonderful family, Daddy and Leena were tilling and sprinkling flower seeds in the front yard. I hope they bloom like crazy! Our poor front yard looks so sad right now. We had to say goodbye to an oak tree in front of the house since it was rotting and being eaten by termites. Nasty little devils. Hopefully flowers will be just the ticket. The birdies also got a cute new feeder. Can't wait till they find it! I miss watching my bird friends.
Hope you all have had a fun couple of days and that your weekend is wrapping up nicely!
Peace and Love.

2 comments:

A Wanderers Soul said...

oh.my.goodness. That piano. I love it!! Is it still in tune?? A while back I had been looking at some old pianos but was concerned about the old strings in them that usually don't keep a tune very well. You are so lucky!! Especially if it stays in tune!!

Those pictures are beautiful, both of Leena and the pictures you took of a new baby! Just beautiful!

Katelyn said...

The piano is out of tune but my friend Donna I got it from had a guy come out to look at it at one point and he said the strings were in really good shape. It will need a bit of work but I think it's worth it. And even out of tune right now, Leena loves to "play" it so that makes me happy.