Another lazy day over here. Leena is recovering from a terrible diaper rash, my poor bebe, so we took it easy, as it was painful for her to walk. This may not be exciting news to some, but my baby girl went potty on the toilet for the first time today, both number one and number two! She was so proud of herself and lit up when mommy praised her and she got to flush it down the toilet. I am so proud! :D
Oh the things you get so excited over once you become a parent!
(Yucky phone picture)
Before bed we made yummy oatmeal cookies. What a mess that was! We had tons of fun and Leena loved throwing the oats into the mixer. :) She'll get to enjoy the fruits of her labor tomorrow.
This is my modified version of the recipe you can find on the back of your oats lid. :)
1/2 pound (2 sticks) Organic butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 organic eggs
1 tsp organic vanilla (I however doubled this amount, I love vanilla)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt ~optional, but I think a bit of salt in cookies is always better. :)
3 cups Oats (quick or old fashion, uncooked)
I threw in two handfuls of ground flax seed as well, for good measure. ;)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together butter and sugars till creamy,
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats (and a cup of raisins if you would like); mix well.
6. Drop by rounded spoonfuls unto an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to cooling racks.
Enjoy and have an ice cold glass of milk on stand by for when you are too impatient to wait for them to cool to start eating them. :P
Now my little bug is curled up with Bonzai for the night. :)
(Until Bonzai realizes he has not been fed yet.)