Friday, January 20, 2012

Not your average grilled cheese

I've been eating more sandwiches lately.
Mainly because they are easy and there are infinite ways to make one.
I need to be more focused on getting enough calories, from good, healthy food, to continue making super nutritious milk for Penelope.
And to keep my milk supply up, of course.

This has been my lunch the last two days.
Lunch

Fried Egg Grilled Cheese

2 slices of wheat bread
1/2 an avocado, smushed
4 slices of a roma tomato
1 egg, preferably organic
1 slice of swiss cheese
1 slice of muenster cheese
A pinch of salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Cook your egg on medium heat in a bit of coconut oil to prevent sticking. Season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile build your sandwich with the cheese on one slice of bread and the avocado spread on the other slice, topped with tomato. Put the slices of bread on the warm griddle to start warming up the cheese. When your egg is cooked how you like, I like it with the runny yolk but whites completely cooked (which I am the master of, Joey doesn't win that cooking battle), put it on the slice with the cheese. Carefully close your sandwich so you don't break your yolk and keep cooking till cheese is melted. If you are having trouble getting your cheese to melt then throw that sucker, okay, gently place, into a 350℉ oven for a few minutes.

Lunch
Pretty simple. I know I get stuck in a rut and start making the same sandwich over and over and OVER again so simple sandwiches like this are awesome to get out of that rut.

Peace and Love.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

you can make me an egg sandwich any day girl. i'm nuts for eggs. :)