Saturday, June 19, 2010

Coming out of hiding

I am swamped with tons of photos to edit along with well, maintaining this household and being a mom. I wouldn't have it any other way, but that leaves me to tired to blog at the end of the days right now. Once photos get a bit more under control I promise blogging as usual will commence. I still owe you a review on Maggie's Pureland Soapnuts and to tell you the details of how to enter that giveaway.

So what's new you ask? Well I am completely and utterly addicted to "hooping" thanks to the fabulous Pam Garnett of Lucid Light Photography. She's amazing. Check out her fanpage. I got my hoop June 11th and haven't gone a day without dancing with it. My soul and the hoop just connect. It's love.

For Leena's birthday, some of my family got her some Target giftcards. With part of the money I got her this little owl statue to paint. This girl has a serious obsession with birds, especially owls. I wonder who she got that from? ;)

After finishing her masterpiece she still wanted to paint. So I drew her this owl for her to paint.

Two days ago I gave Leena Joey's little point and shoot camera that he found while working as a roller coaster mechanic a few years ago to take photos with. The photos below are mostly taken by her on it but there are a few from me. Like this one:
Leena rolled her wagon into the living room and then I turned around to see her bringing her sheet and blanket down the hall to make a little nest in it.

Leena is constantly flipping the camera around either trying to get a photo of herself or she thinks that is the way it's supposed to go. Whatever the reason may be, it's quite entertaining to watch.

We had to go to the grocery store for some milk. We always walk out of the store with a lot more than I originally anticipated. So here is the grocery store from Leena's point of view.

Okay, I took this one, but isn't she just so pretty? :D

I helped her take this one.

Soba noodles with fresh heirloom tomatoes, chopped green onions, a bit of olive oil and a "splash" of soy sauce for flavor for dinner with a slice of watermelon. We need to grow watermelon next year...we had the seeds for this year but never got around to planting them. I wonder if it's too late?

Yesterday we went over to Miss Donna's after Leena's nap and swam and ordered pizza for dinner. After the kiddos went to bed Donna and I watched Alice in Wonderland and I hooped for a bit. Then this morning Leena and I headed to the Farmer's Market and came home with a bag full of goodies. Farm fresh eggs, basil, squash, tomatoes, a green eggplant, some fresh watermelon juice, fresh lemonade and I got a wheatgrass shot. On the way home we stopped by the lake for a few minutes and Leena laid in the water. Needless to say she was naked on the ride home. ;) We did a bit of a work out...well I did it, Leena tried a bit then proceeded to run a muck. For lunch we enjoyed a fresh organic peach and a morningstar farm riblet. Those are my favorite. Super duper yummy. Now Leena is napping and watermelon is calling my name. Time to get back to editing. I am sure I will be taking a hooping break soon. :D

Peace and Love.

2 comments:

kristen said...

i cant tell that that is Stater Brothers....

A Wanderers Soul said...

I'm always glad to read a post from you! You look so in the zone when you are hooping, looks like a great thing that you've found. I love all the little pictures Leena took, so cute to see from her point of view. You trip to the farmer's market sounds awesome, I'm thinkin I need to make another market trip. Your dinner looks really yummy!