Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sick Day

Little Leena is sick.

I feel so bad for her. She is completely miserable. She was fine most of the day yesterday until it came time to go to bed. She threw up. Then again at 11pm. At 1am she started throwing up about every 20 minutes or less and when she hit three times in one hour we decided it was time to take her to the ER in hopes that she would get some anti-nausea medicine so she could actually sleep. I was a bit more worried too because of how fast this came on. She was actually quite chipper while she was awake last night but today, well today, she is a wreck.

I don't remember what she was saying but it was cute. See how chipper she was! I think they thought we were crazy overly protective parents....until she threw up on their bed.

Playing with her bracelet.

As I type this she is passed out on a blanket bed we set up with a ton of pillows letting out the occasional whimper. I wish I knew a way to take all her pain away. The best I could do is to try to keep her hydrated, let her rest and of course tons and tons of cuddles.
She is not one to fall asleep in our arms, let alone sitting up like this watching "King Corn" with daddy. Another sign she feels terrible. She didn't care the movie she was watching was boring to her.
This was pretty much her "perch" all day. I think she was watching Veggie Tales here.

Even sick she is still quite adorable with her "Oh no what happened?!" that she'd utter after throwing up each time.
Anyone have any good upset stomach remedies?
Hopefully tomorrow she'll feel so much better. I hope her fever breaks soon. Right now she's at 103.2.
I think I am off to go set up camp in her room for the night. I can't stand the thought of putting her to sleep alone in her room tonight so I won't!

Peace and Love.

P.S. Sorry for those of you that aren't moms and don't find it acceptable to talk about throw up in a public forum. ;)

2 comments:

Your Street Photography said...

Ugh! Sounds like gastroenteritis. My kids get it once a year and have since they were toddlers. I hope it's just a 24 hour bug. Sorry!!

Roots and Feathers said...

poor baby leena, i just want to scoop her up and hold her.