Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sushi rolls and dentists DO mix.


Howdy, Hi and Hello!
Hope everyone had a great Tuesday.
Today I have come one appointment closer to the end of the abcess tooth saga. Phew. I've made it. All that is left is for my permanent crown to come in, although, I am kind of digging this pimptastic gold temporary crown. ;)
I faced my fears today, since I was running late, and took Leena with me to the appointment. She did really well, a few minor bumps but that is to be expected. She loved the "big chair" mommy got to sit in so while we waited on the dentist as he went between patients she got to sit in it.




I don't think she liked the view mommy had.
She was very sweet and while the dentist was working on me she kept saying, "My mommy, my mommy" and was looking at me very concerned that they were hurting me.

For dinner we decided to be "adventurous" and try to make our own California rolls. I am quite proud of Joey and I. Sure, they may not have been the prettiest but practice makes perfect and they were super yummy!

We got to use our sushi plate that Joey painted probably 5 years ago when we took our friend Jessica to Color Me Mine for her birthday. He impressed me with his artistic ability. :D

I'll post the CA roll instructions/recipe tomorrow. It'll be like a mini tutorial. :)
Goodnight all!
Peace and Love.


2 comments:

penny threads. said...

making sushi at home is always SO much fun and with practice they look better and better. i know i always feel really accomplished when one of my spicy tuna rolls comes out uniform and holds together through slicing. awesome! so much fun!

Katelyn said...

Where do you get the spicy tuna to make them? I want something other than crab.